The Jack Webster Foundation is committed to protecting the privacy of people through responsible management of information received. The following outlines the Foundation’s policies for collecting, using, holding and safeguarding personal information:
1. Collecting personal information
- Journalism Awards programs – personal information is provided to the Jack Webster Foundation by those submitting to one of the Foundation’s journalism award programs. All submissions are reviewed in confidence by a jury panel consisting of individuals representing the community-at-large and those active or retired from the journalism field. All discussions and decisions of the jury panel are confidential and will not be disclosed to the submitter.
- Journalism events – personal information and payments are provided to the Jack Webster Foundation by those wishing to attend Foundation events.
2. Using information collected
- The Jack Webster Foundation uses personal contact information to update journalists and the general public with information about Foundation events and programs.
- The Jack Webster Foundation uses information received in submissions to its journalism awards programs at its annual awards dinner, on its website and in media releases.
3. Holding information collected
- The Jack Webster Foundation holds information collected for as long as necessary for business or legal practices after which it will be properly destroyed.
4. Safeguarding information collected
- The Foundation uses reasonable security safeguards to protect personal information.
5. Accessing information collected
- A person may contact in writing the Executive Director, Jack Webster Foundation at 2954 W. 30th Ave. Vancouver BC V6L 1Z4 to verify one’s personal information.
6. Compliance and complaints
- Questions about compliance as set out in this policy and complaints maybe be directed to the Chief Privacy Officer, Jack Webster Foundation at 2954 W. 30th Ave. Vancouver BC V6L 1Z4.