Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Jack Webster Awards
Download the news release (pdf, 111.7k)
Vancouver, BC - Tickets are now on sale for the 2018 Jack Webster Awards, which recognize excellence in journalism in BC. Winners will be announced at the awards dinner, October 29th, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver, which will also feature a keynote address by the event's special guest, Keith Morrison. Mr. Morrison is an award-winning correspondent for Dateline NBC who joined the program in 1995 after a prominent career at both NBC and in Canadian television.
Tickets are $195 each or $1,950 for a table of 10 and can be purchased now, online at www.jackwebster.com/dinnertickets. For more information contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners from submissions received from print, radio, television and online media will be awarded in 13 different categories:
• Excellence in Feature/Enterprise Reporting - Print/Text-based online
• Excellence in Feature/Enterprise Reporting - Radio
• Excellence in Feature/Enterprise Reporting - TV
• Excellence in Breaking News Reporting - Print/Text-based online
• Excellence in Breaking News Reporting - Radio
• Excellence in Breaking News Reporting - TV Presented in memory of Keith Bradbury
• Jack Webster Award for Excellence in Digital Journalism
• Best Reporting, Chinese Language
• Jack Webster Award for Community Reporting
• Jack Webster Award for Business, Industry & Economics Endowed by Jean Cormier
• Jack Webster Award for Science, Technology, Health & Environment
• Jack Webster Award for Excellence in Legal Journalism Sponsored by the Law Society of British Columbia
• Jack Webster Award for Commentator of the Year Presented in memory of Linda Webster
The no host reception begins at 4:30 p.m..and the awards begin at 6:00 p.m. (precisely!). The annual awards for the Bruce Hutchison Lifetime Achievement Award and the Bill Good Award will also be presented.
This year's Jack Webster Awards are made possible by Coast Capital Savings, FortisBC, Global Container Terminals Inc., Lyft, The Pattison Group, Port of Vancouver, UDI, and Vancity, with Hyphen as the Video Sponsor.
The Jack Webster Foundation was founded in 1986 and named after the man who was Western Canada's best-known and most influential reporter. He left his mark on the BC journalism scene with his hard-hitting reporting style. In his more than 40 years of print, radio and television journalism, Jack Webster was synonymous with insightful, accurate and unabashed reporting. Today the Jack Webster Foundation carries on Jack's legacy by promoting and recognizing the achievements of BC based reporters by: holding the annual Jack Webster Awards for excellence in journalism in BC, awarding annual Student Awards to senior journalism students, awarding Professional Development Fellowships to working journalists, and providing educational seminars for the media.
For more information, contact:
Janet Mitchell, Executive Director
Jack Webster Foundation, T 604-603-4218
E email@example.com W www.jackwebster.com
back to the What's New page